Table of Contents
- Impossible to remember the name of this software. It’s best used on a fresh OS install when you want to install a lot of programs at once, with reasomable defaults!
- Hourglass Timer
- A simple freeware program that let’s you type in an amount of time, press enter, and it starts a nice timer. Easy as that.
- VS Code
- My text editor since late 2018.
- Windows Subsystem for Linux
- This Microsoft provided program allows Windows 10 users to run Ubuntu Linux and other distributions from within Windows.
- Favorite Linux distro of choice.
- i3 Window Manager
- A tiling Window manager that’s somewhat easily configurable.
VS Code Extensions
- Settings Sync
- Allows syncing of settings with github gists
- Project Manager
- A quick way to switch between different project in VS Code.
- Bookmark code that can be saved in the project directory.
- Code Spell Checker
- Essential if your spelling is as bad as mine.
- Debuggers for Chrome and Firefox
- Good JS debuggers for Chrome and Firefox.
- Git Graph
- Visualize git branches and commits
- Live Server
- Serve and live reload for local files
- Markdown All in One
- Extension to handle common tasks in Markdown files
- Night Owl Theme
- Great dark theme
- Remote - WSL
- Microsoft provided package to interact with files in WSL containers.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.